PRMO:, established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke PrimaryCare. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Duke’s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Chargemaster Analyst who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
- Responsible for the oversight of Charge Description Master functions and reimbursement analysis within the Revenue Management Department of the PRMO.
- Serve as a member of the Revenue Management team and subscribe to the vision, values and expectations of the Duke University Health System.
- Responsible for conducting quality control audits to ensure data/documentation integrity, and communicating findings and recommendations, explaining regulatory requirements, and overseeing the corrective actions for audits within the operational units for Charge Description Master.
- Compile information and/or prepare reports and analyses setting forth results of data integrity findings with appropriate recommendations; perform subsequent audits to ensure complete and appropriate corrective action for timely completion of missing charges by department.
- Perform and follow up with appropriate health team members to ensure accurate and complete handling of Missing Charges and Billing.
- Works collaboratively with the appropriate operational leaders at each entity to develop necessary education strategies to promote complete and accurate clinical documentation, charge capture to mitigate and/or correct negative trends.
- Maintain high productivity and quality with minimal supervision.
- Yearly continuing education is required.
- Ability to understand and analyze pay or regulations and the impact to the Chargemaster on reimbursement and coding guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work under aggressive deadlines.
- Possess effective time management skills to permit handling of a large workload.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT/HCP CS, UB-04 Revenue Coding, modifiers, billing regulations and APCs.
- Must have a good understanding of the CDM and its relationship to related areas such as the General Ledger, cost Accounting, Productivity, Cost Reporting and Budget.
- Knowledge of clinical settings such as Laboratory, Radiology, Physical or Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Cardiology, or Oncology Ability to research complex coding and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical skills.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or a related field is required.
Four years of related experience required.
** Revenue integrity, chargemaster/CDM experience strongly preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Coding certification is strongly preferred.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.