Intramural Sport Official 2021 - Student Assistant
Job no: 498537
Department: Recreational Sports Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Student
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Intramural Sport Official 2021 - Student AssistantSalary/Grade:
$8.80/hr - $9.65/hrJob Summary:
Officials are used for all intramural team sports. Experience is not required (but preferred) as training sessions and rules clinics are conducted for all sports. Employment is available during afternoons, evenings, and weekends during the year.Essential Duties:
1. The official is directly responsible for the overall game situation and general environment surrounding the game.
2. The official must maintain effective communication with players, coaches, and spectators.
3. The official must exhibit a thorough ability to interpret rules, clarify decisions, and demonstrate proper mechanics.
4. The official must be concerned with the general welfare and safety of both the participants and the spectators.
5. Be a model participant when playing Intramural Sports
6. Adhere to and enforce all Intramural and Recreational Sports Center policies and procedures
7. Be responsible for issued equipment and return all equipment to its proper place and in the proper condition at the end of the each shift
8. Assist with facility setup and clean-up.
Previous sport participationPreferred Qualifications:
1. Attend staff training sessions & meetings
2. Arrive to work on time & be prepared to officiate.
3. Wear staff shirt tucked in at all times while working
4. Do not play when your schedule to officiate, unless you find a sub
5. Clocking in and out properly
6. Keeping availability update
7. Attend the pre and post shift meetings
8. Communicate problems or irregular situations to the sport supervisor and Intramural professional staff as appropriate
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time