The Grant Accountant is responsible for the management and oversight of external grants and sponsored funding.
· Directly report to the Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs
· Indirectly reports to Controller’s Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists Principal Investigators and the Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs with budget proposals following both institution and grantor expectations.
· Assists Principal Investigators and the Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs with budget narratives and supporting financial documentation
· Supports the development and submission of budgets and financial documents required for grant proposals
· Coordinates the fiscal administration of grant awards which includes but is not limited to the following:oCreating accurate financial projections for awardsoSetting up the general ledger accountsoTraining Principal Investigators on grants administrationoMonitoring budgetsoSupporting the Principal Investigators §Managing their awards in compliance with the institution and grantor§Reporting timely and accurate financial data§Sending monthly reports to grant holdersoAuditing grant spendingoMonthly reconciliations including the calculation of and distribution of indirect costs
· Administrative support and financial oversight including but not limited to the procurement process of the sub-award process.
· Contract management.
· Other duties as assigned.
According to the Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer