UTS-Temporary Accounting Pool at NC State and UNC Chapel Hill
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
Thank you for applying with University Temporary Services! Please note, this application is the first step in the process for being considered for accounting roles at NC State and UNC Chapel Hill. This is not a specific position but rather, an application showing your skill set and interest in becoming a candidate for consideration with UTS.
The Accounting Tech at NC State University Temporary Services may perform one or all of the following tasks:
- Monitor and reconcile PCard transactions for PCard holders
- Process invoices for payment through voucher system
- Initiate Requisitions, Journal Vouchers and IDTs
- Prepare deposits
- Maintain files and reconcile transactions
- Process student worker and temporary hiring/modification/separation actions, and serve as timekeeper
- Initiate summer salary and other additional compensation actions
- Assist with coordination of activities between faculty and staff and College Business Office
- Assist with Contracts and Grants
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCClassification Title:
UTS-Temporary Accounting Pool at NC State and UNC Chapel HillWork Schedule:
Varies depending upon assignment-may be up to 40 hours a weekMinimum Experience/Education:
- Associate’s Degree and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Department Required Skills:
- Experience with financial transactions.
- Proficiency in and experience using MS Excel for budgeting and accounting.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Peoplesoft
- NCSU accounting experience
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15-$20 an hour depending upon assignment and experienceJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.