UTS-Temporary Housekeeping Pool at NC State
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
Thank you for applying with University Temporary Services! Please note, this application is the first step in the process for being considered for housekeeping roles at NC State. This is not a specific position but rather, an application showing your skill set and interest in becoming a candidate for consideration with UTS.
• Performing routine manual housekeeping work while cleaning various areas across campus.
• Cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors, as well as stairwells and hallways.
• Cleaning of lavatories, washing windows, moving furniture to thoroughly clean areas and collecting and removing trash.
• This is an ongoing recruitment.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NCClassification Title:
Temporary ServiceWorking Title:
UTS-Temporary Housekeeping Pool at NC StateWork Schedule:
Shifts vary from 4:00am-12:30, 8:00am-4:30pm, 4:30pm - 1:00am, Monday - FridayMinimum Experience/Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 months of experience in Housekeeping- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work (with or without reasonable accommodation); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special certification may be required for some of these positions.Department Required Skills:
• Must have working knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning procedures including the proper utilization of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to visually inspect work area to assure it has been cleaned.
• Physical requirements include walking, bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• 6+ months of professional cleaning experience strongly preferred.Required License or Certification:
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$10 per hourJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.