Warehouse AssociateAnticipated Hiring Range:
$32,500 - $33,500Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Job Location:
Business ServicesAbout the Department:
The 900+ positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the University.Essential Job Duties:
- To provide material, supply and equipment support for the maintenance, repair, special functions and new construction operations pertaining to a continually expanding campus of teaching, research, and administration facilities. Accomplished by warehouse operations, customer service, disbursements, receiving, and working with vendors. Provides service to Facilities Division staff by assisting with purchasing to ensure that the proper items and quality of requested items are received from the vendors and meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- This position will answer the phone and take and pull orders for pick up. Position will perform receiving functions in two databases for goods received. He/she will also assist walk-in customers with locating and obtaining parts in the warehouse. Additionally, the position will provide customer service in response to inventory, shipping, and delivery inquiries. Assist shops with locating necessary materials and directing them to purchasing. if necessary. Maintains the security of the warehouse and its assigned inventory.
- Operates forklifts, trucks (1/2 ton pickups to 2 ton box trucks), will deliver goods as needed, pallet jacks and hand carts. Serves as back-up to other warehouse stock associates as needed. Will work with the client for standard issues and with the warehouse manager for non-standard issues. Additionally, they are required to be aware of standard and non-standard driving, traffic and parking directives.
- Must be able to navigate through heavy pedestrian traffic due to a university setting.
- Follow and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency.Other Required Qualifications:
- Experience in warehouse operations. Working knowledge of stock or warehouse procedures, shipping and receiving, inventory control. Ability to examine incoming supplies and accurately enter data into computerized maintenance management system.
- Physical strength sufficient to lift and move objects up to 80 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations. Ability to operate forklift and drive University vehicle.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with supervisors and the general public and understand verbal and written instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- North Carolina driver’s license. Must be able to obtain a valid NCDL and forklift certification within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
04/06/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Support Services AssociatePosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $54,265Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Other - Mandatory on Rotating BasisTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
444001 - Business ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.