Receptionist - Administrative Assistant
Receptionist - Administrative AssistantAnticipated Hiring Range:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pmJob Location:
Alumni RelationsAbout the Department:
Unit operates as the NC State University Office of Alumni Relations and the NC State University Alumni Association, Inc. Mission Statement: The NC State Alumni Association engages alumni and friends through programs and services that foster pride and enhance a lifelong connection to NC State.Essential Job Duties:
- The Receptionist serves as the initial, primary phone contact for the Alumni Office.
Primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and directing guests/visitors on the third floor of the Park Alumni Center.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of Alumni Association events and activities to properly answer and/or direct inquiries.
- Serving as the initial contact for programming communication for all areas of the Alumni Office.
- Serving as the primary UPS, FedEx shipping contact for the office, preparing of shipping labels, etc.
- Handling the daily logging in of mail-in membership payments and assisting in the processing of membership transactions.
- Assisting in general office management duties.
- Assist in the day to day management of the Park Alumni Center serving as point of contact for the Alumni Association for Events hosted in the Park Alumni Center.
- Willingness to work some non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) for major alumni events.
- Support, as appropriate, events, engagement, membership and communications functions of the NC State Alumni Association.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Great attention to detail and organization.
- Able to multi-task and meet high pressure deadlines.
- Open and accessible interpersonal style.
A two or four year degree with a minimum of one year relevant working experience.Required License or Certification:
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
04/06/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
04/13/2021Notice to Applicants:
In addition to your application, please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and ReferencesSpecial Instructions:
Please make sure the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Administrative Support AssociatePosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $50,656Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
083001 - Alumni RelationsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.