Purchasing AssociateAnticipated Hiring Range:
$36,000 - $37,500Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.Job Location:
Business ServicesAbout the Department:
The Facilities Division services the University’s 10 million square feet of teaching, research, administrative space and 2,240 acres of grounds and transportation infrastructure. Using 885+ budgeted positions and an annual budget of $58,000,000, the Facilities Division provides maintenance, custodial services, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services for most of the University ensuring the 36,000 students, staff and faculty are supported 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.Essential Job Duties:
- This position is responsible for sourcing, placing, monitoring, expediting and administering purchases under $5,000. This includes placing orders in the AiM Work Management System, an e-procurement system and the use of the NC State P-Card for purchases.
- Duties will include expediting deliveries, answering the telephone, returning calls, responding to emails, and attending training meetings. Must support various daily operations of the facilities warehouse.
- Other purchasing and procurement duties as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with a focus on providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of e-procurement and work management system products/software, or similar software.
- 4 year degree in a related field. or 3-5 years of experience in procurement, purchasing and inventory.
- Knowledge of NCSU policies and regulations
- Knowledge of Facilities policies and procedures.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
04/05/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Please include as attachments a resume/CV, cover letter, and contact information for at least 3 professional references.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Administrative Support SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $53,083Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
444001 - Business ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.