Senior Grant Administrator
SR GRANT ADMINISTRATORPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
MICROBIOLOGY (06220A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
Prepares and submits to the research services office for approval all grant applications from 16 department faculty and 8 research associates. The Department of Microbiology is an active, productive department. – Prepares budgets and budget justifications, reviewing all proposal elements for accuracy, and advising faculty on any other administrative requirements.
– Monitors and manages 45 grant awards totaling $2M, internal awards totaling $1.3M, (not including gifts, endowments and operating), including subcontracts. Award agencies include NIH, DoD, USDA, AHA, DTRA, US Navy, Foundations and VA funding.
– Initiates all necessary transfers, payment requisitions, EIFs, and PAFs.
– Provides department investigators monthly reports of grant spending and calculate projections for appropriate future spending.
– Performs all pre-award and post-award activities for all grants within the department
– Reconciles all grant expenditures monthly.
– Follows and upholds all federal (NIH, NSF, etc.) and non-federal grant policies and procedures.
– General office duties as required for the smooth running of the office and department.
– Performs duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and two to four years of experience with federal and non-federal grant management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Qualifications:
Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks.
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
– Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing.
– Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency, Ability to communicate verbally.
– Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Ability to compose letters and memorandums.
– Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
– Ability to deal with stressful situations.
– Ability to analyze and interpret data.
– Ability to create verbal and written reports.
– Ability to work as an effective team member.
– Ability to organize workflow
Bachelors and/or 5-10 years of experience.Computer Skills:
Required: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel
Preferred: Lawson and Webfocus
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
11/17/2020Quick Link for Posting: