FINANCIAL ANALYSTPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
HSD FINANCELocation Code:
HSD FINANCE (04010A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
1.Responsible for all post-award grant and contract account set ups for the Health Science Campus. Analyzes and reviews budgets for faculty and staff committed effort, equipment, sub-contracts and other research expenses and expenditures for local, state, federal, and privately funded contracts and grants. Works closely with Sponsored Program Accounting.
2. Management of Effort Certification system: Works on process improvements and issues that impact accuracy of data in the Effort Certification Systems. Reviews and approves effort statements for HS Campus faculty and staff. Provides training to departments’ administrators.
3. Review & Approval of Payroll Forms Containing Sponsored Program AUs: Reviews and approves payroll forms for faculty and staff that are involved in externally funded awards. Based on changes listed on payroll forms, coordinates any necessary changes to committed effort for faculty in the post-award budget.
4. Core Billing: reviews weekly core billing data and prepares related journal entries that are submitted to SPA. Troubleshoots core billing issues with departments.
5. Inter-entity Billing: Prepares monthly inter-entity billing and reconciles the inter-entity payable /receivable monthly. Ensures that the monthly billing is complete and submitted on time and payment is issued/received in the timely fashion.
6. Internal Award Review: monitors spending on internal awards to make sure spending aligns with the budget.
7. Prepares various journal entry and appropriation entry transfers.
8. Troubleshoots data inaccuracies and technical issues.
9. Completes mandatory reconciliations and reporting following pre-established processes.
10. . Provides and communicates financial information to leadership.
11. Responsible for providing analytical support for complex projects and initiatives.
12. Advises and guides departments on compliance requirements.
13. Works on various financial projects as requested by supervisors.
14. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis.Qualifications:
- Ability to work with all areas of the University.
- Exceptional analyst who is detail oriented, naturally curious, and is also a strategic thinker (i.e. can see the bigger picture).
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills required.
- Must be a self starter capable of organizing and managing time sensitive tasks.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
- Advanced level Excel skills required with the ability to use pivot tables and vlookups.
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
04/05/2021Quick Link for Posting: