Recruitment Coordinator, School of Nursing
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Recruitment Coordinator works directly with the Office of Admissions and the faculty for the graduate and undergraduate nursing programs. This position is responsible for all recruitment and educational activities and operations related to admissions applications, application process, and enrollment. The Recruitment Coordinator also assists with the developing, planning, and running courses and course components, as well supporting the implementation of new educational initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with the Office of Admissions to progress applicants through the admissions process
- Communicates with faculty about the initial screening and interviewing of applicants
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions to communicate admissions decisions to applications
- Works with faculty to evaluate and improve the admissions process
- Ensures all interviews and orientation schedules are set up with applicable applicant materials, media services and facilities
- Facilitates student enrollment in required courses
- Works with the Admissions Committee to develop and implement assessment materials and events
- Works with other members of the School of Nursing in a team-based approach
- Provides support for faculty recruitment
- Provides administrative support to the Chairs of Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing
- Additional duties as assigned.
This is an on-site position; work for this role will be performed on campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects.
- Extremely well-organized.
- Capable of working well both independently and as part of a team dedicated to achieving excellence.
- Ability to work as partner with faculty and with students.
- High degree of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, faculty, and students.
- Must be astute and able to recognize issues of concern as they arise, and able to make recommendations to the faculty for solutions and program enhancements.
- Administrative skills.
- Above-average attention to detail and experience in completing substantial volume and large variety of tasks while prioritizing activities according to a concept and understanding of the School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies’ curriculum.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must have extensive computing experience, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Knowledge of Blackboard a plus. Internet savvy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from meetings and classroom sessions when necessary.
- Heavy workload during assessment cycles may require evening and weekend hours.
Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies
Attention: Kathleen Gallo, Dean
160 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549
Phone: (516) 463-7489
Email: [email protected]
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Recruitment Coordinator, School of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly