Information Services, IT Technician, 28414
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36189
Information ServicesJob Description
This professional information technology position spans a broad range of technical support activities including, but not limited to, end user support for campus community, support for computer hardware, server and peripheral hardware/software configuration and installation, and mobile device support.
This position is generally structured to be first and second tier support but can vary based on experience. Sound customer service principles and best IT practices must be applied while fulfilling the technical function for end users. This position will work with a team of technicians to complete IT projects and support responsibilities. This position may serve as technical lead on special projects that require an in-depth understanding of certain systems or technologies.Minimum Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of desktop/workstation/mobile devices and hardware/software/operating systems (configuration and connectivity)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of software configuration and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to document technical processes clearly and concisely
- Familiarity (reading) with Active Directory, Group Policy, scripting, and batch files
- A good understanding of systems administration and security principles
- A working knowledge of ITSM or other ticketing system
- Familiarity with installation, maintenance, and support of wireless technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills sufficient to interact with a variety of users and other technical staff
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 2+ years of similar work experience
- Must have a driver’s license, cell phone with data, and be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Working knowledge and experience with software deployments using Microsoft’s SCCM, JAMF, AirWatch, or similar tools
- A good understanding of scripting, including PowerShell, Batch, Bash
- Ability to do needs analysis and technology upgrade planning and implementation.
- A thorough understanding with enterprise management technology for Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Experience with image development on either Windows or Apple platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 4+ years of similar work experience
- Experience working in Higher Education or similar environment
$48,500 - $55,000Application Deadline
April 18, 2021Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.