Emergency Support Coordinator
Emergency Support Coordinator Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 22967694 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $55,000 - $108,500 Position Information Working under the Direction of the Basic Needs Sr. Manager, the Emergency Support Coordinator (ESC) plans the organization, coordination, and effective utilization of resources to effectively support the basic needs of the economically diverse student populations of the UCR community. This position may travel up to 25% of the time. The hiring budgeted maximum is $68,400.00. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required Master's degree. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Demonstrated experience and ability to interact sensitively and respectfully within a diverse environment. Required Experience in interviewing, engagement, assessment, planning and advocacy. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must possess or obtain a Valid CA Driver License in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles, if driving a university/personal vehicle for university related business. Required Shift Work (hours outside standard Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM work hours) Required Travel Required
Minimum Requirements Skills in judgment and decision-making, problem solving, identifying measures of system performance and the actions to improve performance.
Advanced abilities in project management, problem identification and reasoning skills.
Advanced knowledge of Student Affairs/Student Life specialization.
Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Advanced ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Ability to work independently
Knowledge of and experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Strong communication and collaboration skills; Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Effective interpersonal skills to interact effectively with diverse client groups.
Strong Skills in Case Management
Preferred Qualifications Advanced knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position