10018304 Orientation Coordinator (INTERNAL)
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Admissions Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the coordination of the New Student Orientation and campus tour programs at Middle Georgia State University.
- Event management:
- Plans and executes orientation programs for new students entering the University.
- Coordinates weekday and special campus tour programs, and other programs that may be assigned.
- Works with academic departments and other university offices to coordinate the new student orientation program, on-campus recruitment events, and campus tours.
- Supervising and training of student workers:
- Assists in recruiting, selecting, and training student workers who work with campus tours and the new student orientation program.
- Assumes primary responsibility for supervising student workers who work with campus tours and the orientation program.
- Administrative duties:
- Maintains accurate and current data in the customer relationship management system (CRM), scheduling process and staffing for all weekday and special campus tours.
- Assists in preparing, compiling, and analyzing evaluations and surveys for new student orientation programs, prospective student open houses and campus tours.
- Assists in preparing and revising media presentations, publications, training manuals, and reports used by the Admissions Office for new student orientation and campus tours.
- Performs a variety of related duties:
- Represents the Admissions Office at on-campus presentations and on committees, as needed; and occasionally at off-campus presentations and recruitment events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University admissions requirements.
- Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University academic programs, schools and departments and related degree requirements.
- Knowledge of college recruitment rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in event planning.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Associate Director of Strategic Enrollment Operations assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot- checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college and University System of Georgia policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of travel and varied student recruitment duties. Scheduling conflicts contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to recruit students for Middle Georgia State Success in this position contributes to overall enrollment goals of the college.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office, on a college campus, or on high school campuses.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has direct supervision over student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Salary Grade 19
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018304 Orientation Coordinator 4.5.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D