FT Faculty CIS Instructor
First Application Review Date: April 16, 2021At Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Please join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity. The CIS department at CCC is expanding its offerings to meet industry demand. We are seeking a dedicated, accomplished, full-time faculty member to teach within this growing area. The position will be responsible for teaching topics focusing on hardware, networking, and security courses. Cybersecurity experience and/or education along with professional experience is a plus. Official transcripts are required to be submitted prior to any formal interview. Unofficial transcripts are accepted during the application process only. Salary placement on the Faculty Salary Schedule is based on education and experience. See the Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule located on the CCC website for more information: https://www.coconino.edu/resources/files/pdfs/human-resources/FY21FacultySalarySchedule.pdfThe Human Resources Diversity StatementThe Human Resources Team commits to fostering a culture where each person, employee or not - feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive and empathetic way. We purposefully construct and nurture a focus upon community and inclusiveness. All lives matter regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ethnicity, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, age, immigration status, or location.
In HR, every experience matters, and it is our goal to make those experiences matter for you.
Title IX DisclaimerTitle IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The goal of CCC is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link: https://www.coconino.edu/title-ix Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Prepare and implement syllabus in accordance with college procedures and course outline.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar including reporting grades and attendance.
- Notify Deans and Academic Operations Coordinators in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies and procedures including information on Letter of Intent (semester contract).
- Create and maintain a positive and professional environment at all times including in the classroom and throughout the college.
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Utilize Learning Management System (Canvas) to at least the minimum threshold as indicated in college procedures.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend college meetings as required. This includes New Faculty Orientation upon hire and a beginning of semester all-faculty meeting and regular department meetings.
- Participate in student assessment and relevant program assessment as directed by the Dean or Vice President.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Actively engage in assessment of courses and works to engage in college wide assessment program.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Inspire learning with a diverse student population (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, ability, etc.)
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.