Category:: Alumni Affairs / Development
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Apr 6, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 129769
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement, the Development Specialist will plan communications and events for alumni and donor cultivation while providing direct oversight of the phonathon and crowdfunding programs.
Hours: Regular hours are 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday. This position requires some evening and weekend hours, including approximately 5 weeks in the fall semester and 5 weeks in the spring semester, maintaining a Sunday - Thursday schedule of afternoon and evening hours (12 pm - 9:30 pm).
- Plan cultivation and engagement events for alumni, donors and prospective donors.
- Oversee Central's crowdfunding program, including serving as the primary contact for campus partners. Actively promote the crowdfunding program with campus constituents to identify potential projects and generate overall interest and support. Prepare direct mail and email solicitations in support of crowdfunding projects.
- Manage and coordinate Central's student phonathon program; Recruit, train, and manage up to 40 part-time student callers; Develop materials, messages, and segmentation strategies associated with the phonathon program; Coordinate data management activities with the advancement staff as needed; Manage and troubleshoot the calling system, and prepare payroll for student workers.
- Assist in the planning and hosting of the college's signature events, including Homecoming, Giving Days and Scholarship Dinner.
- Draft and prepare emails for alumni, parents, and donors using Emma software.
- Support other annual giving and alumni engagement activities under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university and a minimum of one to three years of experience, preferably in higher education or not-for-profit organizations.
Central College is an equal opportunity employer and a drug/tobacco free workplace. A post-offer background check will be completed.