Financial Aid & Scholarship Student Associate
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
The Financial Aid & Scholarship Student Associate will work in a fast-paced, welcoming environment and assist with the development and maintenance of the reception area operations. Freshmen and Sophomores are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Financial Aid & Scholarship Manager, Supervisor, and Counselors with a wide range of complex secretarial, electrical, and receptionist duties while maintaining the ability to execute tasks and day-to-day activities
- Responds promptly to financial aid-related questions from prospective/current students, parents, and international facilitators
- Assists with orientation and training of new student associates, and ensures that they understand and are aware of departmental policies and procedures
- Assists in developing motivational programs for student associates to measure and therefore improve department morale
- Prepares and maintains confidential and sensitive documents
- Provides department support to perform special projects and maintain database when directed
- Maintains the confidentiality of the information the associate will be exposed to. Refrains from leaving items laying around and on the counter.
- Reports for their work shift on time, works their allotted hours (19 hours during regular school weeks, up to 40 hours during breaks), and coordinates time-off requests ahead of time with the exception of unforeseen emergencies
- At the end of your shift be sure to put away your projects only in designated areas, clean up your individual area, as well as the front desk, lock the filing room door, and shuts down all workstations
- Students must dress in standards and in casual/ professional wear. No t-shirt with inappropriate advertising, holes, cut collars, etc. No shorts or cut-off jeans. No rubber slippers or flip flops
- Students must display at all times a professional image. Keep the reception desk area tidy and clean. NO EATING (a closed water bottle or drink is ok)
- Students must work only during scheduled hours unless approved by the supervisor
- It is very important that during work shifts texting, homework, online browsing, shopping, and personal work is not allowed. During downtimes, students are to check with Financial Aid & Scholarship staff for projects
In-person on campus. Typical office environment