Student Graphic Designer
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-07
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
The purpose of this position is to maintain Student Leadership & Service department website, social media, involvement software, print & digital media & marketing. The SLS Media Team also supports departments within the entire University with the same.
Designs art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, Internet websites, television, packaging, and social media.
- Upholds and adheres to the University Mission/Vision Statements and Honor Code values. Reports and receives directive from Media Team Supervisor and/or the Department full time employee.
- Collaborates with University Communications, Print Services, and campus partners/entities to ensure cohesive delivery in all graphics and website images.
- Regularly uses basic principles of web publishing, security, server management, file transfer protocols, and the Engage platform.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, Web sites, and social media accounts.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Adobe softwares including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro Familiar with basic principles of web publishing, security, server management, and file transfer protocols. Working knowledge of Photoshop or image editing software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, in writing and in person. Ability to explain technical procedures/problems to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of BYUH graphic identity and information technology guidelines.
- Experience in social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and social networking tools.
- Experience in using Adobe After Effects, i-Movie, and other digital applications.
- Knowledge of copyright and intellectual property issues pertaining to web design.
- A professional student with at least two years remaining at BYUH.
Please include a resume with your application.
Dress and Grooming Standards
The employee must abide by the BYU-Hawaii Dress and Grooming Standards. He/she is expected to dress appropriately for the position.
3 Months of Directly Relevant Experience
Typical office or studio environment