Secretary (Part-time)Position Number:
Under general supervision, performs routine clerical and general office work.
This is a part-time, benefits-eligible position.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Greets patients and other persons as they enter; Communicates in a professional, service-oriented manner with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and others in the course of performing work or coordinating tasks. Answers the telephone in a professional, service-oriented manner; answers questions, makes appointments, as appropriate.
2. Maintains physical inventories of all supplies (and all other physical assets as assigned). Places orders for supplies as required for operations.
3. Maintains and files all business related records/documents. Assists the Administrator with developing budgets and keeping running budget balances through the use of university computer-based systems. Prepares monthly activity reports as assigned.
4. Makes follow-up calls when needed. Makes appointments for patients with counseling staff.
5. Picks up and distributes mail to appropriate personnel.
6. Operates a variety of office equipment, such as: computer, fax machine, and copier.
7. Respects patients’ right to confidentiality and maintains information regarding medical and counseling services in a confidential manner per HIPAA/FERPA regulations.
8. Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic clerical and general office procedures and practices to include inventory maintenance and bookkeeping;
Knowledge of the use of personal and/or on-line computer keyboards;
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software;
Knowledge of basic medical terminology;
Knowledge of applicable Federal, State of Texas, clinic and University policies and procedures (HIPAA/FERPA—Confidentiality);
Ability to complete multiple clerical tasks and perform basic mathematical computations in an accurate and timely manner;
Ability to work independently;
Ability to work effectively in a high volume and heavy public contact work setting;
Skilled in oral communication and interpersonal relations.
Possession of a high school diploma, GED certificate, or equivalent. Six months of office, general clerical or equivalent experience is preferred.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with an Electronic Medical Records System
Associates Degree in a relevant field
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/06/2021Open Until Filled: