Events ManagerPosition Number:
Special Events Facilities/ServicesSalary:
$32,957 - $35,283Job Summary/Description:
Works days, evenings and weekend shifts as required, to configure, monitor and supervise events held at University facilities scheduled by the Special Events Office under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Special Events. Facilities operated include, but are not limited to, the Junell Center/Stephens Arena, LeGrand Stadium, and the ASU Lake Facility. Supports ASU Athletics events and oversees, as directed, athletic facilities. Plans, inspects and supervises physical buildings, labor, equipment and food services arrangements. Performs custodial and maintenance inspections and follows up with appropriate personnel to ensure that repairs are completed or deficiencies corrected. Interviews, selects, trains, schedules (controlling labor hours used) and supervises student and/or temporary personnel. Conducts the annual inventory of Junell Center and all additional assigned property and equipment.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Works with ASU Athletics, campus and community customers, and guests to identify and plan events, configure facility and room set-ups per instructions and requirements. Ensures appropriate staffing for all events and special programs. Performs all required customer follow-up duties.
2. Plans and controls labor hours used (so as to stay within university guidelines) and tracks/ties all labor to departmental EMS events software in support of daily building operations and events management.
3. Plans and controls cleaning and building preparations, equipment and food services arrangements for scheduled events, meetings, and other activities. Ensures that tables, seating, staging, lighting, sound, and all other appropriate resources affecting events are operational and properly configured.
4. Communicates customer updates, set-up diagrams, and final reservation/event details to Scheduling Coordinators for documentation in the reservations system and preparation of applicable billing.
5. Provides event details and instructions to set-up crew members verbally, visually and in writing using provided events software packages. Controls event staffing performance before, during and after the conduct of events.
6. Performs custodial and maintenance inspections and follows up with appropriate personnel to ensure that repairs are completed or deficiencies corrected.
7. Coordinates regularly with University Police, Facilities Management, Risk Management, Custodial Services, Food Services, and other campus departments and contracted services in support of event(s) and facility(-ies) management.
8. Implements and maintains processes for inventory management; conducts the annual inventory of Junell Center and all additional assigned properties and equipment.
9. Prepares weekly work schedules for student employees in the department, monitors daily labor for efficiency, and reconciles/approves corresponding payroll.
10. Performs minor building and audio-visual equipment maintenance tasks daily as needed.
11. Assists and/or oversees daily vending reports, coin changing machine management, copy machine and misc. deposits as assigned.
12. Drafts and prepares internal memos and routine correspondence.
13. Assists in the preparation of proposals and bid requests for service areas assigned by the Associate Director; procuring price quote information related to special events and facilities operations.
14. Plans, researches, and recommends supply and material purchases.
15. Compiles data related to special events and facility operations; organizes statistical data for reports concerning such items as event attendance, facility operating expenses, and operational efficiencies.
16. Interviews, selects, trains, and supervises student and/or temporary personnel.
17. Communicates in a professional, service-oriented manner with faculty, staff, students, visitors and others in the course of performing work or coordinating tasks.
18. Maintains computer and hard copy department files in an accurate and timely manner.
19. Plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks and functions in an accurate and timely manner.
20. Attends all scheduled meetings and training sessions; participates in campus committees; performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of facility management practices, events scheduling and set-up procedures;
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and software;
Knowledge of purchasing procedures and regulations;
Knowledge of schedule development and staff management practices;
Ability to organize and coordinate event set-ups;
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner;
Ability to perform work in an independent manner;
Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of customers and users;
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change;
Ability to prioritize tasks;
Organized and self-motivated with above average interpersonal skills;
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Bachelor’s degree in any field (preferred) plus one year of experience in facilities/building operations or management, housekeeping supervision, event planning and set-up, or other directly related experience.
Three years of relevant experience may substitute for a degree.
Experience in facilities/building operations or management, housekeeping supervision, event planning and set-up, or other directly related experience.Physical Requirements:
Able to stand, move, turn and twist as needed to direct physical set-up operations. Ability to lift 35 pounds.
Ability to sit and use current office equipment. Ability to learn and operate forklift.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/06/2021Desired Start Date:
05/03/2021Open Until Filled: