IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR ASSOCIATE
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR ASSOCIATEDepartment:
UGA Police DepartmentAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.Posting Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
The hours for this position are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however, after-hours, night, weekend and holiday work is required periodically.Advertised Salary:
$45,000 to $52,000Posting Date:
04/05/2021Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
07/01/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
All external applicants MUST complete and submit, with all requested paperwork, the UGA Police departmental application which may be found on our web site at www.police.uga.edu in addition to the on-line application through UGA Human Resources.Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
IT Systems Support Paraprofessional/ProfessionalFLSA:
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Position Summary:
Under general direction, provide end user support; manage the complete lifecycle for desktops, laptops, and patrol car computers; and assist with computer forensic analysis and other related criminal investigations.
Part of a 3-person team supporting all aspects of UGA Police Department computer needs.
This position involves good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to work as part of a team and also accomplish tasks independently.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
See IT MatrixPhysical Demands:
- Extended hours in front of computer work stations.
- Potentially standing for long periods of time while working on computer-related issues.
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provides general end user support for OS, hardware, desktop applications, and other needs.
- Supports police dispatch and records management software.
- Responsible for desktop, laptop, and patrol car computer lifecycle; provisioning, installation, support, and maintenance.
- Creates, updates, and maintains SCCM applications and deployments.
- Updates and maintains department IT inventory.
- Assisting with Computer Forensics device imaging and analysis.
- Training will be supplied when feasible, but will involve multiple concurrent 2-year contracts.
- Provides some 3rd tier support for servers.
- On call for emergency after hours support.
- Operates security camera systems during major events.
- Creates custom scripts to ease or automate tasks.
- Supports and maintains custom web services.
- Document IT processes to aide other IT personnel.
- Participates in detecting, investigating, documenting, and reporting actual or potential network security violations, intrusions, or other inappropriate use.
Performs other related duties as assigned.Percentage of time: