Assistant Research Scientist
Job Title: Assistant Research Scientist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225554
- Responsible for performing a variety of research activities requiring a high degree of proficiency to include blood handling, sample preparation and inventory.
- Responsible for coordinating the maintenance of research facilities, machinery, and equipment and the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; order replacement and new reagents as needed.
- Ensure compliance to Federal and State research guidelines.
- Maintain liaison between administrative and analytical staff. Instruct laboratory academic section in laboratory research techniques, instruments, methods, and procedures.
- Train staff in mandated techniques for research projects.
- Perform all other related duties as needed.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.How To Apply To be considered an applicant for this position you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.