PROGRAM MANAGER, UPWARD BOUND MATH SCIENCES, Wheelock School of Education, Upward Bound
PROGRAM MANAGER, UPWARD BOUND MATH SCIENCES, Wheelock School of Education, Upward BoundTracking Code3004 Job Description
Upward Bound Math-Science Project Manager has both management and direct service responsibilities including the development of the programs curriculum and STEM-related activities; such as Summer Science Wednesdays and High School Vacation Week Laboratories
Management of participant academic assessment; working with Upward Bound project manager to train and evaluate project teachers; providing academic advising and support services to participants; arranging college visits, conferring with program teachers and teachers at target high schools regarding student achievement; supporting Project Director in the preparation of reports and participant recruitment.Required Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree Master’s degree preferable with education or coursework in the fields of science, math or engineering.
- Secondary school certification or instructional experience preferable.
- Three to five years’ experience working with low-income populations in an educational setting.
- Two to three years of staff supervision, program evaluation, and curriculum development.
- Ability to communicate students' needs in a variety of subject areas to program staff, University faculty and graduate students, high school teachers, and counselors, and administrators.
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail. Demonstrated experience and interest in working with underserved and disadvantaged youth.
- Although not required, preference will be given to applicants who speak multiple languages.
- Applicants with experience with Upward Bound or similar educational opportunity programs are also encouraged to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular