Life Science Technician I
Life Science Technician I
Job Number: 86076
This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.
The Sean N. Parker Center at Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Technician I to independently perform techniques according to specific and detailed instructions. The technician may also be learning some skilled techniques under close supervision as a part of the job.
Works with supervisor to learn and conduct cutting edge genomic assays on clinical blood and tissue samples. Potential experimental techniques include single cell and bulk RNA-Seq.
Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- One year's employment experience in laboratory work or a combination of equivalent education and relevant work experience/training (e.g., one year of college science).
- Laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g., pipetting skills, PCR) desired
- General understanding of scientific principles desired.
- Should be able to work independently, be highly motivated, and adaptable and work well within a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs; proficient computer skills (Mac and PC).
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5638
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A18
- Requisition ID: 86076
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency