Life Science Research Professional 2
Life Science Research Professional 2
Job Number: 88742
The Gifford lab in the Departments of Pediatrics and Genetics, and the BASE Institute is seeking a highly motivated Life Science Research Professional 2 to join us in our study of the complex genetic and molecular mechanisms involved in cardiovascular development and disease.
The ultimate goal of our lab is to make precision medicine a reality for cardiovascular disease patients. We use pluripotent stem cell and animal models to define the genes and regulatory elements necessary for cell fate decisions, and to probe how variation in these sequences can lead to congenital heart disease. Experimental approaches utilized include various RNA-sequencing modalities (e.g. single-cell, nascent RNA), ChIP-sequencing, chromatin accessibility measurements (e.g. ATAC-sequencing) and high-throughput CRISPR screens. Integrative analyses are performed using cutting edge advances in machine learning to reveal disease-causing variants and mechanisms. We work closely with physicians to ensure our experimental plans will solve critical problems faced by patients.
We are seeking a creative, driven, organized individual to aid in the design and implementation of these experiments. The LSRP2 will collaborate with the other team members to develop protocols, perform experiments, and evaluate and interpret results.
The candidate for this position should have experience with standard molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture; excellent communication, organization, and time management skills; and the ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop, design, and carry out experiments that are essential to the group's collective success
- Optimize and apply functional genomics technologies (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq)
- Interpret experimental results; document, summarize and present findings in individual and group meetings
- Maintain a detailed organizational plan and record to ensure successful and timely completion of required tasks
Contribute to generation of protocols and publications
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, or related life science field. Highly motivated candidates of all levels are encouraged to apply.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology, genomics, and cellular assay development
- Experience with quantitative data analysis
- Experience with CRISPR targeting ES/iPS cells or single-cell RNA-seq a plus
- Curiosity in research and creativity in problem-solving
- A great team member with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to adapt to and effectively manage changes in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A passion for science and sense of urgency to find new medicines to benefit patients
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or Master's degree in a related scientific field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 88742
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency