Insurance and Contracts Manager
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
Reporting to the AVP for Financial Affairs, the Insurance and Contracts Manager will be responsible for contract and insurance administration as detailed below.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews, processes and tracks contracts from initial submission through execution, and includes coordination with University departments to ensure all information submitted is accurate and complete.
• Prepares contract packages for review and final approval.
• Coordinates insurance reviews with University insurance broker, coordination with the Procurement Services for issuance of purchase orders, coordinate review of agreement for UBIT and Private Business Use, coordination of legal review, and tracking contracts throughout the contract review process.
• Processes insurance renewal, premium payments and coordinating insurance claims.
• Processes all departmental requests for Insurance certificates.
• Timely reporting and coordination of all insurance claims with Insurance carriers and coordination with Legal Office.
• Processes and maintains all registrations for all University vehicles.
• Provides support to department Directors as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned
This is an onsite position; work for this role is performed on campus.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of contract administration experience and insurance processing knowledge required.
• Paralegal certification and experience preferred.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and technical skill.,
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to work independently on several matters simultaneously.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook required.
• Notary public license preferred.
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please indicate “Insurance and Contracts Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.