Instructional Design Assistant
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-13
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Department of eLearning at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking several Instructional Design Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Instructional Design Assistant is responsible for developing high-quality courses for all learning environments in a higher education setting. This position works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), interdepartmental and intradepartmental personnel. The Instructional Design Assistant is responsible for managing multiple course projects, collaborative departmental initiatives, and interdepartmental projects. In addition, they provide instructional design support, consultation, needs-based training to implement research-based effective-practices.
A successful candidate supports excellence by using adult learning theory, instructional design theories, effective assessment, and applies to online learning. Initiative, problem-solving, and interpersonal communication are essential to this position. The Instructional Design Assistant analyzes situations to implement quick and effective solutions in a positive team-based approach. This role will create and manage online technology-based academics and courses in flexible modalities.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with instructors to design, develop, and implement credit and non-credit online courses.
- Develop course outlines, documentation, assessment strategies, and maintain instructional design direction and development through all project phases.
- Lead, communicate, learn, and manage a diverse group of faculty and constituents towards the creation of online curricular content.
- Provide direction and leadership in concept development to faculty, analyze needs, tasks, learning environment, and to develop learning objectives and requirements.
- Build assessments to support and analyze learning effectiveness.
- Review course design against internal and external quality standards.
- Proofread, coordinate, approve and maintain curriculum.
- Assess and discuss the implementation of quality design standards with stakeholders.
- Coordinate the project plan and progress of projects and courses.
- Conduct regular in-person and virtual meetings with clients on project progress.
- Identify of copyright compliance procedures.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Work well without direct supervision as well as in team environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Quality Matters Certified in Higher Ed Peer Reviewer Course (PRC) required.
Quality Matters Masters Reviewer certified.
Expert knowledge and use of Canvas.
Superior organizational, written, and verbal communication, and project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage heavy workloads and prioritize tasks.
Experience teaching or training one-on-one or in a group setting.
Experience with educational technologies such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia or similar technologies.
Portfolio demonstrating excellence in online course design.
Knowledge of instructional design theories and frameworks.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in the use of Webex, Mediasite, and Microsoft Teams for live lectures, collaboration, and recording/posting course lecture content.Salary:$22.00 - $28.00 per hourCollege or Department:eLearningLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-04-20-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Temporary positions are not established positions and are paid from OPS funds. Temporary positions are usually not eligible for benefits and retirement; however, they may be eligible for health insurance coverage depending on the average hours worked per week. They provide full-time or part-time employment in an exempt or non-exempt employment situation based on job duties and salary in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Temporary positions do not have layoff rights and may be terminated without prior notice. Applicants hired into Temporary positions may apply for a regular appointment should a vacancy become available.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.