Program Director, Paralegal Studies Certificate Program
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University seeks applications for the position of Program Director of the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program. The Program Director is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Law School’s Paralegal Studies Certificate Program and reports to the Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives. The Director also works closely with the Assistant Dean for Communications, Associate Dean for Academic Records and Registrar, and Senior Associate Dean for Finance.
The day-to-day operations of the program include program administration, student acquisition, student management, and student/faculty relations and service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Together with the Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives, identify and schedule course instructors.
- Responsible for having course instructor contracts generated and obtaining instructor signatures each term; collaborate with Senior Associate Dean for Finance to hire new instructors.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Communications on program marketing efforts.
- Responsible for program recruitment, including tracking and communicating with prospective program leads. The Program Director and an enrollment recruiter/counselor will be the primary contacts for assisting students through the enrollment process (prospect to applicant to enrollee).
- Coordinate admissions and registration according to established guidelines and notify students accordingly. Includes coordinating the review and approval of applications.
- Oversee billing of the program, in collaboration with the Senior Associate Dean for Finance.
- Collaborate with Law School administrators to address all operational issues, policies, problems, and procedures associated with the program.
- Monitor quality assurance controls, student evaluations and analysis, and reporting system.
- Advise students on issues related to the administration of the program.
- Act as a liaison between students and various student services areas within the University.
- Communicate annual academic calendar including admission and registration deadlines and certificate award requirements.
- Collaborate with Law School Administrators to design and implement online programming.
- In collaboration with the Law School’s Office of Career Services establish and maintain relationships with the legal community to secure internships and job placement opportunities for Paralegal Studies program graduates.
- Together with the Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives, organize and execute all aspects of the American Bar Association recertification requirements.
- Together with the Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives, ensure the program’s compliance with the policies of Hofstra University and the American Bar Association.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance and Strategic Initiatives.
This is an onsite position; work for this role is performed on campus.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years demonstrated administrative responsibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Candidate will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must be collaborative, organized, and detail oriented.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to Christopher J. Caruso, Esq., Senior Associate Dean for Career Services, Compliance, and Strategic Initiatives, email: [email protected]. Please include “Program Director, Paralegal Studies Certificate Program” in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Program Director, Paralegal Studies Certificate Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly