Postdoctoral Research Associate
Search #: 495182
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Postdoctoral Research Associates
- PhD in Applied Math, Data Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Methods in the Social Science, etc. Candidates with PhDs in Education will be considered with evidence of substantial quantitative/statistical training.
- Familiarity with hierarchical models and multivariate statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to code in R, Julia, Stan, JAGS or another programming language.
- Excellent communication skills include experience reviewing manuscripts and writing for publication.
- Expertise building and analyzing mathematical or statistical models of biological or social systems
- Facility communicating statistical analyses (via visualizations and white papers) to diverse and non-specialist audiences
- Familiarity with public education and committed to enhancing diversity, equity and inclusive education.
This position is a 12-month contract with potential one-year extension, based on satisfactory performance.TO APPLYPlease apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495182 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 4, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Apr 05 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 05 2021 Eastern Daylight Time