PD Interventional Rad Tech- Radiology Special- Variable Shift - 15230-1A
Updated: Apr 5, 2021
Department: Radiology - Special
RADLG TCHNO PRN PD
Nurse Services Supervisor 2
Radiology - Special (427144)
PD Interventional Rad Tech
Position assists the interventional radiologist, cardiologist or other physicians as assigned, in the performance of minimally invasive and non-invasive fluoroscopic guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Procedures consist of complex vascular and non vascular procedures including cardiovascular and neurological interventions. The technologist is responsible for pre-procedural set up, sterile filed, scrub and circulating assistance during the procedure. The technologist is responsible for image archive management and appropriate documentation for the purpose of supply management, billing and procedural documentation. Assists attending physicians, fellows, clinical nurses and CVTs with all aspects of the procedure. By the nature of this position, the technologist has access to medications associated with the delivery of direct patient care. He/she participates in the training of less senior Radiologic Technologists and students.
- CRT license/certification
- 2 years of demonstrated radiology experience in an acute care setting
- Must maintain a high level of decorum to maintain the collegial team approach needed to operate in this environment.
- CDHP Radiologic Technologist Fluoroscopy permit within 90 days of hire
- Ability to maintain flexibility and work well in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work variable shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and calls
- Current BLS certification
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge and practice of hemodynamic monitoring, pressures wave forms, EKG and radiology imaging
- Current ACLS certification
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.