Cancer Center Operations Project Coordinator
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, The Cancer CenterCancer Center Operations Project Coordinator Position #782578 – Requisition #20800
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Cancer Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Cancer Center Operations Project Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The University of Colorado (CU) Cancer Center headquartered at the Anschutz Medical Campus and part of the CU School of Medicine. It is Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center
, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center’s clinical care sites are UCHealth, University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado are ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report
. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network
®, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network
(ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America’s top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center includes six institutional partners made up of approximately 300 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three healthcare delivery institutions.The CU Cancer Center’s vision is to “Prevent and conquer cancer. Together.
” We do this through our mission statement of “uniting our community to overcome cancer through innovation, discovery, prevention, early detection, multidisciplinary care and education.”Examples of Work Performed
Salary and Benefits:
- Provide project management and coordination support to the Cancer Center, which includes oversight of all project timelines, resources, budgets, and deliverables.
- Track the progression on ongoing projects and provide/develop reports as needed.
- Manage the logistics and finances of all Cancer Center events, including the External Advisory Board, sponsored external events, conferences, meetings, and various recruitment visits.
- Provide office-related procurement services for the Cancer Center including budget adherence, and vendor management for the various administrative groups.
- Assist the Operations Director and Communications Director with website development, internal communication mechanisms and medium, meeting coordination, and event planning.
- Develop creative materials such as PowerPoint presentations, branding, brochures, etc.
- Oversee the scheduling of conference rooms allocated to the Cancer Center, including resources and information technology (IT).
- Provide ongoing administrative and programmatic support to the leadership of the Cancer Center.
- Perform other duties and assist with other projects as assigned.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $37,759-50,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and administration, communications and journalism, education, public health, psychology, or visual and performing arts.
- At least 1 years’ professional level experience in an administrative support role
: A combination of education and related professional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient with University of Colorado finance systems (i.e. Peoplesoft, Concur, [email protected])
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and SmartSheet software
- Experience working in an academic medical setting
- Experience serving as a program coordinator
- Experience with working in a web content management system (Sitefinity, HubSpot)
- Experience coordinating schedules, meetings, and events
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to represent the Cancer Center with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Ability to establish priorities and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage complex logistical problems and situations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Creativity and innovation when it comes to designing marketing and communications materials
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish a variety of tasks and goals with overlapping timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in writing and grammar, including AP style
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Apr 5, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University