Executive Director - Tulsa Higher Education Consortium
The Tulsa Higher Education Consortium (THE Consortium) is committed to advancing student learning, improving student success and degree completion, achieving equity in outcomes, and meeting workforce needs by working collaboratively to increase higher education opportunities in the region.
THE Consortium seeks a visionary Executive Director who will oversee the administration, programming, and strategic growth of the organization. They will be integral in strategy implementation, organizational sustainability, partnership cultivation, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors. - Visible leader and catalyst for action responsible for leading THE Consortium in an outcomes-driven, data-informed manner that supports and guides the organization's mission in the regional higher education community.
- Responsible for securing the resources necessary from diverse revenue streams to support THE Consortium's mission, strategic priorities, and related activities.
- Responsible for development and implementation of strategic priorities to ensure that THE Consortium can successfully fulfill its mission, expand its partnerships, and increase opportunities for students in the region.
- Build THE Consortium's identity as a respected, neutral convener across a broad spectrum of local stakeholders, and in particular the leadership of regional higher education institutions.
- Work with THE Consortium board, staff, and partner institutions to collect relevant data on regional postsecondary attainment outcomes in alignment with the organization's mission.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts. Utilize all effective and affordable avenues of communication, including print, broadcast, electronic, social media, earned media, and public speaking opportunities.
- Cultivate excellent working relationships with leaders in education, business, and the community in a manner that can inspire collective action without formal authority. Ensure effective communication with and among member higher education institutions.
- Assist to identify and recruit additional crosssector stakeholders to participate in the work of THE Consortium.
- In partnership with member institutions, monitor policy developments and advance transfersupportive and other policies at the regional, state, and federal level in support of THE Consortium's mission.
- Responsible for leading a comprehensive analysis of THE Consortium's risk exposure and developing a risk management plan.
- Hire, retain, supervise, and collaborate with staff and ensure compliance with employment and administrative policies.
- Responsible for financial integrity of THE Consortium including presenting an annual budget, generating financial statements, maximizing the use of financial and human resources, and reporting on consortium outcomes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education or related area
- Experience as a seniorlevel administrator at a higher education institution.
- Experience aligning various stakeholder groups around a collective set of objectives and facilitating collaborative action in service to those objectives.
Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical, strategic, outcomesoriented thinker.
- Strong organizational management skills.
- Passion for expanding education pathways and equitable outcomes.
- Resultsoriented facilitation of work group meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, empower, and collaborate with staff.
- Understands budget preparation & reporting, cash flow, and overall financial management.
- Strong organizational skills including program planning, development, and execution.
- Ability to build and maintain a reputable public image for the organization.
- Ability to build relationships and create alignment with staff, stakeholders and individuals from a wide range of perspectives
- Ability to be transparent in leadership and conduct with integrity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective administrative support for THE Consortium officers, committees, and task forces.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Must be able to travel independently to sites across Tulsa and greater Oklahoma area
- Must be able to work in front of a computer for up to 4 hours at a time
- Physical effort/lifting requirements – up to 20 lbs., for lifting supplies and materials as needed
- This position will be an office based position in Tulsa although it will start as remote work due to COVID-19 until the office reopens.
- Reliable internet access in home
- Experience in Tulsa’s higher education landscape.
- PhD in Education or related field.
- Experience securing funding to meet operational expenses.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with local civic, education, and philanthropic leaders.