Post Doctoral Researcher
Post Doctoral Researcher
The Herb Innovation Center, based in the Judith Herb College of Education (JHCOE), is dedicated to supporting innovative and sustainable educational and human science research by supporting faculty and student research and offering undergraduate and graduate students applied research experiences.
This position entails research collaboration with JHCOE faculty in designing and implementing cutting-edge research projects that will advance PK-12 education and teaching; analyzing data, writing manuscripts, seeking external funding, supporting faculty and student research, among other research duties as they arise. Research projects can take on, but are not limited to, areas such as urban education, special education, learner’s social and emotional needs, technology in education, teacher preparation, and professional development of education and school-based service providers. Projects are encouraged to address pressing challenges in PK-12 education and lead to external funding. Research support may include, but is not limited to, providing pre and post research support (for funded or unfunded projects) for faculty, coordinating, supporting, and mentoring undergraduate student research projects, and supporting graduate students in the JHCOE. In addition to research support, the postdoctoral researcher will provide academic support (i.e., writing assistance) to JHCOE undergraduate students either individually or through workshops.
The postdoctoral researcher should be committed to seeking and securing external funding, producing original research, publishing their work in highly ranked conference proceedings and journals (as appropriate), and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in research. The Executive Director of The Herb Innovation Center and faculty in the JHCOE are committed to the professional development of the postdoctoral researcher and will provide resources to support professional development including participation in professional conferences. To be considered for this position please submit the required documentation:
- Letter of Interest (2-pages, including your relevant background and research skills)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three relevant publications (conference proceedings or journals)
- Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three references
- Diversity Statement
- A PhD in applied research methods, applied statistics, educational psychology, cognitive science, data science, learning analytics, or related discipline
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students
- Experience using evidence-based practices and modern research methods to address challenges and problems in PK-12 education
- Ability to seek and secure federal funding
- Ability to publish peer-reviewed articles
Communication and Other skills:
- Strong professional writing skills, including research reports, peer-reviewed research articles, or other print and electronic publications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to communicate research results through talks at scientific conferences
- Exceptional computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office are required.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required.
- Must have the ability to, as well as meet, the requirements to complete and maintain mandatory training per the University mandatory training policy pursuant to the deadlines set forth therein.
- Interest in culturally relevant learning
- Prior federal grant experience
- Prior research consulting experience
- Experience mentoring undergraduate students to conduct educational research
- Experience in collaborating as a member of a larger research team
- Ability to teach in an applied methodological area not already being taught or emphasized by faculty in the Research and Measurement program
- Demonstrated ability to publish peer-reviewed articles
- Proficiency with managing complex data sets and applying cutting edge data analysis techniques (e.g., multilevel modeling)