Assistant System Administrator
Job Title: Assistant System Administrator
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225523
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant System Administrator on the Gainesville campus. The System Administrator works closely with the Enterprise IT Service Management System Administrator and customers to build and maintain automated business process workflows, as well as support the University's documentation systems. This position is responsible for the administration of the University's primary applications and platforms that support workflow and documentation management. Coordinates with IT and other cross functional teams to provide enterprise-level solutions.Responsibilities
- Assists Enterprise IT Service Management System Administrator with daily activities to maintain and support the UNG workflow and documentation platforms. (user access, assignment groups, configuration items, etc.)
- Works closely with the Enterprise IT Service Management System Administrator to develop and deploy applications that automate business processes. Works to maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date workflows to support specified automated business processes.
- Works with cross functional teams to provide workflow solutions.
- Maintain currency of skills through training and continual study.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with team members and users in an effective manner.
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years' experience as a support specialist in a multi-server environment.
- Web editing experience is also required.
- ITIL and SCRUM preferred.
- ITIL and service desk knowledge preferred.
- Experience with web based ticketing systems (example: ServiceNow, Zendesk, Salesforce.com, SharePoint, etc.) and other related workflow management tools preferred.
- Cover letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.