Recreation Center Staff - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Recreation Center Staff - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225690
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for Recreation Center Staff on the Dahlonega campus. The recreation center staff reports to Facility Coordinator, shift supervisor and directly to Fitness and Facilities Graduate Assistant and is responsible for supervising the facility. Facility staff must be knowledgeable about facility policies, procedures, programs and overall Campus Rec and Wellness departments.Responsibilities
- Check-out sports and fitness equipment
- Respond to emergencies, following Campus Rec & Wellness Emergency Action Plan
- Clean and organize equipment and weights in the fitness areas
- Enforce Rec Center Policies and Procedures
- Provide spot or assistance to patrons in their workouts
- Provide customer service to patrons by answering facility and university related questions
- Supervise fitness areas, gymnasium, track and maintain a safe environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of all areas of recreational sports programs.
- Specific areas of knowledge should include facility operations, equipment, spotting techniques and risk management.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and provide customer service.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- Preferred that applicants have general knowledge and experience with aspects of health, fitness and recreation
- Cover letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.