Lecturer of Biology
Job Title: Lecturer of Biology
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 225571
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Department Information
The Department of Biology offers B.S. degrees in biology and biology education, and features an outstanding program of undergraduate research.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia invites applications for a ten-month, full-time biology faculty member to teach courses which may include introductory biology for non-majors, introductory biology for majors, microbiology, and anatomy and physiology.Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in introductory biology for non-majors, introductory biology for majors, microbiology, and anatomy and physiology.
- Master's degree in biology or a related field with at least 18 hours of graduate level biology courses at the time of appointment is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.