Full Time Faculty, Community Pharmacy Resident
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverageJOB SUMMARY: The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The instructor provides education through learning centered Instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. The instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that The South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to Innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the south University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class Instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility In style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students In the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
- Earned graduate degree to include at least 18 graduate hours in the field of instruction minimally required.
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably In a postsecondary or college institution.
- Membership In a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Unrestricted license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Georgia, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
- South University Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America