Financial Aid Customer Service Specialist
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
Financial Aid Customer Service Specialist is a motivated, self-directed office professional that has excellent communication and organizational skills. The Specialist must have the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly and efficiently. This position is responsible for educating current and potential students on financial aid policies and procedures including, but not limited to Satisfactory Academic Progress, federal and state aid eligibility, and Professional Judgement requirements. The Financial Aid Customer Service Specialist manages the student contact through written, in-person, and electronic communication.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide exceptional customer service to a diverse community of students.
2. Maintains office coverage for phones, email, chat and walk-in students.
3. Hire, train, and supervise Financial Aid student workers.
4. Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations.
5. Determine eligibility and assist the financial aid counselors in maintaining the Bright Futures program and other state program recipients.
6. Review and process Consortium agreements between other institutions.
7. Assist financial aid staff with verification and awarding of financial aid files.
8. Collecting and reviewing documentation for C Flags.
9. Maintain financial aid files and electronic records.
10. Review and Recommend updates to the LSSC financial aid website.
11. Responsible for reviewing and collecting all necessary documentation for all Unusual Enrollment History students.
12. Update job procedures in the Department’s Training Manual.
13. Assist in facilitating on and off campus workshops.
14. Preform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Minimum Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible financial aid experience required or (5) years of other relevant financial experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Excellent process-improvement and documentation skills, and the ability to work effectively as part of a team to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
Demonstrated proficiency with technology, organized, and able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
The ability tor represent the Financial Aid Office and the College with professionalism and deliver information in a positive manner while facilitating exemplary service to students.
Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding customer service skills.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule during peak times to support service to students.
Ability to exercise important human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations.
Ability to exercise discretion in decision making.
Ability to read and interpret federal and state rules and regulations.