Physician Coding Quality Analyst
Physician Coding Quality Analyst🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United StatesNew📁Administration📅5 days ago Post Date📅89042 Requisition #The Department of Pediatrics in the School of Medicine is seeking a 2 year fixed term Physician Coding Quality Analyst to join the Clinical Finance team to review medical documentation for appropriate CPT coding and documentation, and provide physician training as needed.Duties include:
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise. Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures. Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies. Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and complianceAssess training needs and may develop associated training.Auditing and reviewing medical documentation for appropriate CPT coding and documentationPerform training and education to physicians regarding coding and documentation.Analyze trends and provide recommendations to leadershipPerform audits of documentation & coding of inpatient and/or outpatient professional fee services;Work with LPCH Revenue Cycle leadership and division faculty to improve efficiency and timeliness of billing sheet submission.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to coding policy interpretation and implementation
- Work independently; well-organized and able to set priorities with minimal direction
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong PC skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet based program
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.Demonstrated ability to develop and meet department goals.Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks. Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.Occasionally use a telephone. Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89042