Data Analyst, Professional Service Specialist 2
Job no: 495143
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Analytics, Systems & Applications, within the division of Information Resources & Technology
Data Analysts work with Business Intelligence Analysts to improve institutional effectiveness and innovation across the functional areas of Rowan University. Together, they identify data/reporting/system solutions utilizing various tools to develop processes and solutions to optimize operations.
The Data Analysts are expected to develop solid knowledge Rowan University’s systems of record, database functionality and processes, and work with linked systems and/or processes. As well, they expertly utilize systems and reporting tools to produce strategic views of data.
- Track and analyze large amounts of data to discover meaningful trends and present key findings to stakeholders of the organization.
- Transform data into rich, meaningful, relevant insights that can be used to make strategic recommendations.
- Work with Business Intelligence Analysts to identify and prioritize data collection, ensure data validity and integrity.
- Create ad-hoc reports based on technical and functional requirements from internal and external clients.
- Provide data for mandatory state and federal reporting, including New Jersey SURE Reports and IPEDS.
- Coordinate the completion of external institutional surveys such as US News and Peterson’s Annual Survey of Academic Institutions.
- Designs and conduct various studies and analyses, such as: studies on cost, utilization, impact ability; forecasts of performance; etc.
- Develop predictive, affinity, segmentation, and forecasting models to improve admissions yield, retention rates, and scholarship distribution.
- Participate in team code reviews and quality checks.
- Develop dashboard solutions for high level analyses.
- Work with ASA team and the Rowan community to ensure Banner and EDW/ODS data integrity.
- Create and maintain documentation for all new and revised reports.
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Experience employing a multitude of analysis techniques such as Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, and Cluster Analysis
- Demonstrated experience using any Business Intelligence Reporting tool. (Cognos, Tableau Preferred)
- Proficiency in at least one statistical software package such as R, SPSS, or Rapid Insights Analytics
- Aptitude to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or any other related field.
- Proven ability to analyze complex and ill-defined problems/opportunities and a track record of developing and delivering solutions
- Track record of customer focus, delivery, innovation, and follow through.
- Experience with causal inference, applied time series modeling or machine learning forecasting applications
Advertised: Apr 5 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 19 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time