Assistant to CIO & Communications Specialist
- Maintain the appointment calendar for the CIO
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties as needed
- Assist in hiring of new staff members
- Monitor UIT project list and time tracking system. Send reminders for status updates as needed.
- Implement and monitor projects as directed by management and see the projects through to completion
- Coordinate meetings
- Preparing memos, emails, minutes, letters, reports, articles, or other materials of an important or confidential nature from general instructions, or personal knowledge and research
- Coordinate activities and events within UIT as needed
- In consultation with UIT management and Marketing and Communication (MC) unit, develop and update as needed a comprehensive communication strategy for UIT taking into account UIT’s strategic plan, goals, and core values
- Develop and implement communication strategies for UIT projects and initiatives and operational activities
- Support the communication needs of UIT projects and initiatives and operational groups and activates
- Create and manage processes, templates and tools to support communications and organizational change management
- Gather, analyze and compose technical information and translate into clear, compelling and service focused stories that are consumed by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Create content for internal service announcements and stories, user guides and FAQs by collaborating with subject matter experts as needed
- Ensure consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of communication assets
- Write, edit, develop, and create material and products such as infographics and annual reports as required
- Keep UIT Web/Social Media current and engaging
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communications and adapts processes and messaging accordingly
- Measure and present results of communication efforts
- Make recommendations regarding the development, implementation and revision of services
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical and technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to turn technical copy into compelling stories to engage non-technical audiences
- Ability to work under pressure by maintaining efficiency and composure
- Strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Bachelor's degree or college diploma in communications, journalism, or related field, or equivalent experience and education
1+ years experience in marketing or non-technical communications
1+ years in administrative assistant duties
Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and web authoring
Successful completion of criminal history records check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
Experience in providing administrative assistant duties to an executive position
Experience with communications in a public sector or university environment
Experience in an Information Technology environment
Experience using social media and understanding its role in organizational communications.
Experience in creating infographics, annual reports, and other material with visual aids
$47,000 annual, Exempt, Full Time, BenefitedBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
This job is open until filled with a review of candidates on April 20, 2021Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler .
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.