Head CookType of Position:
The Head Cook reports to the Manager of the Cafe for the preparations of food and beverages at the cafe and routine cleaning. Duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assist with preparation, cooking, garnishing, and clean-up of the Cafe. Responsible for all preparation, cooking, dishwashing, and clean-up of Cafe in the absence of the Manager of the Café.
2. Assist with grocery list as needed and purchase necessary supplies at local stores. Restock items in proper placement upon arrival from store.
3. Responsible for the routine daily cleaning with standard cleaning supplies of all appliances, shelving, utensils, counters, freezers, and refrigerators.
4. Responsible for maintaining receipts or records for all credit transactions. Input P card transaction information if needed.
5. Assist Manager of the Café with receiving of all food, beverages, and deliveries, as well as proper storage, labeling, rotation, and cleaning of freezers and refrigerators.
6. Answer telephone calls and catering calls as necessary.
7. Must maintain a Food Manager Certification and follow all procedures to pass health inspections.
8. Perform other appropriate duties as may be determined by the Manager of the Cafe.
9. Flexible hours may be required.
Requires a high school education or its equivalent.
Experience in food preparation and service with quantity cooking in a state institution or commercial food service establishment preferred.
Knowledge of methods used in quantity food preparation and cooking; in the use and care of food service equipment and appliances. Skill in the routine preparation and cooking of basic foods. Ability to read and understand, or to listen to and act upon written and oral instructions; to standardize food recipes correctly; to accept direction and supervision, must be able to establish and maintain effective work relationships. Working knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment used in janitorial work. Must comply with established College policies and standards.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215.
Lamar State College Orange is an EEO/AA/TSUS Institution.Salary:
04/16/2021Open Until Filled: