Student Organization Coordinator (2021/2022)
Student Organization Coordinator (2021/2022)Student Position Type:
Non Federal Work Study/La Verne WorkAppointment Type:
For the school year 2021-2022 must be able to maintain a set schedule of 8-10 hours per week.
Work schedule can be worked around class schedule.
Cindy VallejoJob Description Summary:
The 2021-2022 Student Organization Coordinator is a vital element in helping all student organizations become a huge success on campus. In this position you work closely with all student organizations in answering questions, providing resources & training for organization success.Specific Duties:
• Work with Associate Director of Student Life in organizing the student organization recognition process.
• Attend weekly meetings with Associate Director.
• Assist in coordinating events such as but not limited to: Student Organization Fairs (Fall and Spring), trainings and other related programs and events.
• Assist in maintaining Student Organization programs budget; create and report weekly, monthly and yearly budget reports for Student Organization program area.
• Coordinate passive worksheets, resources, policies, procedures and other program support materials for Student Organizations.
• Assist Associate Director of Student Life in developing long-term/range planning collecting data regarding leadership.
• Assist Associate Director of Student Life in coordinating Student Organization leadership programs for student leaders.
• Assist Associate Director of Student Life in developing marketing/promotional materials for Student Organizations.
• Assist Associate Director of Student Life in developing updated website information.
• Assist the Associate Director o Student Life in updating the Student Organization Guidebook
• Maintain a clean and organized Student Oranizations workspace and keep supplies inventory.
Maintain set schedule of 8-10 office hours each week.
• Be prepared to lead meetings for student organization.
• Work closely with ASULV VP of Finance regarding club funding.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment; must maintain strict adherence to safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a traditional undergraduate student with a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 2.50.
• Must meet and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.50 both for the semester and cumulative.
• Must be a traditional undergraduate student for the school year 2021-2022.
• Must be able to work with, communicate, and interact effectively with others. This includes working closely with all student organizations, fraternities, and sororities.
• Self starter: Must be able to take initiative, plan ahead and work well with limited direction from the supervisor.
• Must be comfortable and capable of interacting and speaking in public settings and facilitating meetings.
• Must be able to supervise other student personnel.
• Ability to know, understand and work with University of La Verne policies and procedures.
• Develop PowerPoint presentations for General Meetings and other workshops.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and complete assigned work duties.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be physically able to perform duties as outlined, with or without accommodations.
• Program planning experience preferred.
• A member of a student organization preferred.
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
20190882SESpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the student employment application you will also be required to give the Office of Student Life permission to verify your GPA and academic standing.Open Date:
04/23/2021Open Until Filled: