Lecturer of Computer Science
Lecturer of Computer ScienceJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search is open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by April 30, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by May 30, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (May 30, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
Applications are being accepted for full-time lecturer of Computer Science to support the department of Computer Science and Statistics in the instruction of major, service and general education computing courses.
This position is full time, academic year, limited to (06-18-2022), for the academic year 2021-2022, to begin August 2021, with possibility for renewal.
Instruct 12 credits (typically 3-4 courses) of computing courses per semester or the equivalent in other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Other duties may include: Assist the CS department in developing pedagogies and approaches to enhance learning outcomes and retention in our computing majors and courses, and work to build student cohorts/teams. Coordination of industrial and research internships in Rhode Island. Undergraduate advising, outreach, and recruitment. Participate on departmental and/or URI committees, for example, to support and improve instruction and to provide advice on curriculum in the department and at the institution.
1) Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related discipline at time of appointment 2021.
2) Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
3) Demonstrated experience in the instruction of computing.
4) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1) Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of new and promising techniques/approaches for the enhancement of learning outcomes and retention in computer science courses.
2) Demonstrated experience or knowledge of and desire to apply experiential learning, peer instruction, hybrid instruction and/or other promising pedagogical approaches for instruction.
3) Awareness of emerging new sub-disciplines of computing, and willingness to weave these into existing courses or teach courses in these domains, for example cyber security, high performance computing, parallel computing, and computational science.
4) Demonstrated disposition for working effectively with students and faculty on outreach, advising, and curricular development.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is full-time academic year non-tenure track, limited to 06-18-2022 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Computer Science & StatisticsContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover Letter/Letter of Intent.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) Teaching Statement – Please describe your teaching experience and your teaching philosophy (as one complete document).
(#4) “Other Document” – Diversity Statement – Please describe how you see your role in facilitating the success of underrepresented students in Computer Science. Use specific experience and examples whenever possible.
(#5) “Other" – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).Position Number:
04/05/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: