Assistant Professor of the Practice or Assistant Teaching Professor, Center for Entrepreneurship
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-05
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
The Center for Entrepreneurship at Wake Forest University seeks a dynamic Assistant Professor of the Practice (or Assistant Teaching Professor) to join our team fall of 2021. This is a teaching-centric role and responsibilities are divided 80% teaching and 20% service. The teaching load is three courses per semester (primarily teaching ENT 201 which focuses on developing valuable ideas into concepts) and service requirements include overseeing Startup Lab, Wake Forest’s startup accelerator program, among other duties. If selected, you will be joining a dynamic program that is on the rise nationally, having been up for four major awards at key conferences over the past four years. This is a multi-year contract position. For more information, please visit entrepreneurship.wfu.eduAdditional Job Description
- Terminal Degree (PhD or JD) or, in exceptional cases, an MBA or relevant Master’s degree may be considered.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence (ability to provide teaching evaluations is preferred)
- Proven ability to mentor startups in an accelerator-style program
- The ideal candidate would possess, in addition to the position requirements, the following:
- Experience as a startup founder, preferably one that has built and successfully exited a startup
- A deep understanding of scaling ventures, including raising capital
- Would have some experience with scholarship, such as presenting at conferences, writing cases, articles, or a book.
- Is a passionate teacher/mentor that believes deeply in entrepreneurship and in developing nascent entrepreneurs.
Application deadline is April 21st 2021
Application materials include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy (with a focus on how you would diversity and inclusion as you work with students), and names and contact information of three academic references. Please put all your documents together into one PDF document. For more information: https://hr.wfu.edu/careers/. Due to Covid restrictions, interviews will be conducted virtually.
Inquiries about the application process and document submission may be addressed to email@example.com. Inquiries about the position in general can be directed to Cindy Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org – Center for Entrepreneurship Administrative Coordinator) who will direct the inquiry to the appropriate person.
Wake Forest University is a highly ranked, private university with about 5200 undergraduates and 3200 graduate and professional students in the Schools of Medicine, Law, Divinity and Business. Wake Forest University welcomes and encourages diversity and inclusivity, and seeks applicants with demonstrated success in working with diverse populations. Wake Forest University is an AA/EO employer and values an inclusive and diverse learning community and campus climate.Time Type RequirementFull timeIn order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations for all final faculty candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.