Student Achievement Specialist
Student Achievement SpecialistPosting Number:
Full-timeIs this a temporary Position?:
NoJob Description Summary:
- Engage in proactive and intentional case management supporting student achievement initiatives with measurable outcomes of student financial clearance and timely course enrollment
- Advise within University, Federal and State regulations utilizing the campus wide student information system (PeopleSoft) and related platforms to provide services to students
- Provide case management tracking activity, interventions, financial clearance and course enrollment percentages, and completed to-dos
- Prioritize and respond timely and efficiently to stakeholder inquiries digitally and in-person as needed
- Utilize available functional platforms and tools to efficiently advise and assist students in the add/drop process and the effects it can have on financial aid, academic standing, and their student accounts
- Concierge support for students who wish to withdraw from the University by coordinating access to informed decision-making resources such as the Office of University Advising for change of major, course enrollment coaching, the Financial Aid Office for related regulations and financial aid impacts, and the Office of the Bursar for refund guidelines, student account impact, etc; initiate withdrawal requests following University, local, state, and federal regulations
- Respond to low and intermediate level concerns regarding student account billing statements and financial transactions, answer questions and explain debits and credits, tuition and fee assessments, academic credit loads and impact to tuition and refund/credit balances
- Maintain a basic understanding of academic regulations in order to respond to low and intermediate level questions regarding student academic records, and the degree progress report. Advise students on academic policies and procedures related to such
- Identify medium and high level case management concerns and refer to subject matter experts to resolve
- Grant or deny deferment requests using professional judgment to determine the merit of the request, analyzing prior history and setting payment guidelines within the deferment request to guarantee accuracy and consistency of financial accounts
- Review credit balances on accounts and requests necessary reports to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations regarding timely disbursement. Analyze if credits can be applied to debit balances owed on student accounts
- Examine student accounts to verify accuracy of charges and credits, monitor payment activity, and manage as appropriate
- Understand and interpret the student academic record, making routine updates to the record in support of student achievement and accurate record keeping
- Support functionality, policies, and processes in accordance with cadence of related responsibilities as interpreted and communicated by subject matter experts
- Evolve with University infrastructure to collaborate with specified areas to integrate service to provide optimum and seamless services to stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as required, to support and foster functional efficiencies in Student Advising, Student Accounts, and Student Records in response to cyclical demands of the academic calendar
- Assists with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience, or High School Diploma with at least ten years’ experience * Working in a student support related role with a case management focus on financial aid, student records, student accounts, academic advising support or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to project professionalism in dealing with students, parents, campus community, and external constituents
- Excellent organizational and computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, (MS Excel) and word processing (MS Word).
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of experience as described above
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience in higher education and in the areas related to student financial aid, student records and/or student accounts.
- Experience with campus wide integrated systems such as PeopleSoft.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Close Date:
02/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions for this Posting:
There are two positions available
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Maximum Number of Reference Requests:
5Minimum Number of Reference Requests: