Manager - Foundation Operations
Manager - Foundation Operations
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Foundation, and working closely with CSN Finance, Financial Aid, CSN webmaster, and auditors, the Manager, Foundation Operations is responsible for leading Foundation financial operations and donor base management. This role will support best in class donor/alumni/scholarship recipient stewardship.
- Track and report on Foundation income and expenses, scholarship distribution, alumni engagement, donor acknowledgement, and funds raised.
- Maintain all required NSHE Workday activities and processes to insure excellent collaboration with CSN Finance and Financial Aid.
- Maintain database and dashboards.
- Maintain all accounts within QuickBooks.
- Prepare for annual audit and CSN Foundation annual impact report.
- Create, document, and iterate processes for best result and efficiency.
- Prepare accurate financial reports to donors in the impact of their gift.
- Partner with the Philanthropy Coordinator regarding maintenance of Salesforce entries.
- Responsible for month-end close, including reconciliation between QuickBooks, Workday, and Salesforce.
- Reconcile restricted net assets from investments.
- Reconcile monthly payroll deductions.
- Prepare movement of funds from CSN Foundation to CSN for scholarships and programs.
- Enter and track incoming revenue from online sources as well as checks.
- Save and document revenue, expenses, and in-kind online and in QuickBooks.
- Prepare Board and Committee meeting materials.
- Update Excel spreadsheets for Health & Sciences Building campaign, endowments, and scholarships.
This position must have the knowledge and experience in the application of NSHE, federal, and state regulations governing nonprofit organizations as well as best practices in nonprofit financial reporting and donor stewardship.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, five years of related professional experience and two years of related supervisory experience including managing multiple projects, prioritizing, and organizing work, delegation as well as supervising, setting expectations and training new and experienced staff OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in preparing financial reports to internal and external stakeholders using QuickBooks Online.
- Commitment to CSN's commitment to diversity, multiculturalism, and emotional intelligence.
- Three years of experience using Workday finance functions, willingness to learn and ability to understand new systems quickly.
- Two years of demonstrated knowledge of endowments, restricted giving, reviewing, and managing investment reports as well as professional interaction with financial professionals and Board committees.
- Two years of experience managing CRM databases such as Raiser's Edge, Salesforce and accounting using QuickBooks Online in addition to other technology that ensures the Foundation operations and records are maintained efficiently and effectively.
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with staff, peers, faculty, vendors, administrators, and students.
- Ability to understand, support and report on the financial and philanthropic needs of CSN to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders in person, by phone and in writing.
Administrative Faculty Grade D - $72,864-$83,476
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for at least three (3) professional references
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will us this information during the initial review of application materials.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Manager--Foundation-Operations_R0124256
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency