Administrative Assistant II - International Center
Administrative Assistant II - International Center
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received, this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The International Center at College of Southern Nevada (CSN) provides support to all the College's international students. This position will provide various levels of administrative support to the Director, International Center, staff, and CSN students while supporting components of the department's operations. This role is designed to help serve the department as a whole and will need to collaborate with external departments, multiple faculty members, and the administrative assistant team.
- Provide overall department general administrative support, including answering incoming calls on a multiple-line telephone, monitor and respond to multiple e-mail accounts daily, providing front desk coverage, and responding to inquiries and issues from faculty, students, and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with financial documentation and financial reports, including handling of billing request forms, transaction receipts, and other financial documents.
- Manage back-up documentation, correct documents to points-of-contact, and edit documents, as needed.
- Prepare and submit department's purchase orders (PO).
- Maintain department inventory, to include office supplies and College-provided equipment.
- Prepare department staff's mileage and travel documentation in Workday.
- Create, organize, and maintain various department files and reports, including training and consulting contracts and records.
- Create documents (Word, Excel, etc.) for various projects and reports.
- Assist with scheduling internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Assist with the planning and completion of initiatives and special projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Regularly participate in department staff meetings.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Microsoft Office, and Adobe.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, multitask, and problem solve.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in the role, both working independently and knowing when to partner for clarification.
- Ability to display professional collaboration skills executed through proactive communication, the understanding of procedures and regulations, and can see all the details while maintaining the big picture in support of the department's mission and goals.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm PT.
- Ability to independently travel between CSN's campuses or locations to provide administrative support, as needed.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and three (3) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience, which included experience in one (1) or more of the following areas: maintenance of complex records and files; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as payroll, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities; OR one (1) year of experience as an Administrative Assistant II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, Adobe, Workday, and/or Banner.
Grade 25, Step 1 - Grade 25, Step 10: $33,971.76-$49,151.52
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter.
- Contact information for three professional references.
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Administrative-Assistant-II---International-Center_R0124191
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency