Assistant Coordinator, Recruiting & Creative Content for Women's Basketball (5173U) 17038
Assistant Coordinator, Recruiting & Creative Content for Women's Basketball (5173U) 17038 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 16, 2021
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Assistant Coordinator for Recruiting and Creative Content who will work within the department's Women's Basketball unit.
The Assistant Coordinator of Recruiting and Creative Content is a hybrid role that will assist the coaching staff with the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and develop creative content (video and graphics) to be used for the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and for use on Cal Women's Basketball social media. This includes creating and maintaining recruiting databases, recruiting efforts utilizing social media, creation of graphics for recruiting purposes, and assisting with campus visits. This position will work with the Director of Video to coordinate the video shoots, and will be directly responsible for the creative strategy, storyboarding, and editing. This position will require creativity and a strong foundation in video editing, photography, production and understanding of the college athletics landscape. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining the visual brand of Cal Women's Basketball through photography, videography, and working closely with department video producers, graphic designers, and social media managers to ensure the execution of this brand.
- Plan and creates intercollegiate athletics specific visual solutions to communications problems in support of the operational and strategic aspects of the Women's Basketball program.
- Find the most effective way to get intercollegiate athletics' messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Take photos of the team during photo shoots, practices, and games.
- In conjunction with Marketing department, develop and coordinate social media efforts for Women's Basketball team. Deliver compelling programs that maximize reach, engagement, and impact for the Women's Basketball brand on a local and global scale.
- Create content for the Women's Basketball social media accounts with the goal of growing and engaging our social media community.
- Coordinate content and the maintenance of Women's Basketball social media accounts (i.e. community management, promotional sweepstakes, analytics) with the goal of growing and engaging our social media community.
- Ensures all materials adhere to brand identity and guidelines of Cal Athletics. Maintain consistent style, themes, and marketing strategies for all Women's Basketball creative content.
- Assist coaching staff with the planning and coordination of official and unofficial visits to campus including the arranging and follow through of all logistics (i.e. itineraries, travel, hotel, hosts, meals, compliance paperwork, complimentary tickets, etc.) and the completion and submission of required paperwork and expense reports related to events and activities.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent years experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Division 1 College Basketball
- Problem-solving skills; multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Self-motivated. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of current social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc) and how to create, implement, and execute a social media strategy and calendar
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Ability to capture live sporting events with single-camera coverage and a documentary “all-access” style
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Knowledge of current NCAA Compliance rules and regulations regarding recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Previous experience in a Division 1, Power 5 Basketball program
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) contract position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=17038&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency