CCMA Ameri-CORPS VISTA Community Resources Liaison
Department: Academic & Student Affairs
The VISTA Community Resources Liaison will work to identify student barriers to success and community partners which might aid students in overcoming these barriers. Additionally, this person will create proactive programming that might help with prevention of stressors as well as educate all members of Carroll Community College (CCC) about what resources exist for students. The VISTA member will create user friendly guides and resources for students and staff of CCC to connect them to these resources. The VISTA member will create a technology tracking solution within the current technology resources at CCC to ensure up to date referral information. VISTA member must be knowledgeable about low-income students and be able to work with diverse populations. This position reports to the Director of Student Care and Integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review past student needs and identify trends in data from incident reports.
- Serves as a contact for community agencies to review resources available to students and build partnerships.
- Meets with students in the First in Family program monthly to assess their college transition and see what challenges or barriers they may be facing as well as ascertains their knowledge of current resources and how they know about them to begin to identify best avenues for information sharing.
- Identify the best technology to track resources for students by conducting research and meeting with various campus partners.
- Develop plan for integrating best technology for resources into use with other existing platforms.
- Create and develop a web resource guide for students.
- Create and implement various programs, including active and passive programming, for students based on student needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of technology software.
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Self-starter who can take initiative, lead conversations and create documents.
- Understanding of current student population including low-income students, challenges with student use of technology and challenges for students in accessing help.
The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e. keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe work place practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing with some highly technical applications and new technology systems; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations . and observance of traffic laws when/if driving a College vehicle. 37.5 hours per week. Duration – 12 months
All applicants must apply online via the Americorps website. You can view the posting and apply at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=101820
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.